Friday, May 4, 2007

Happy Friday

Well, I have survived another week of the Real Job (tm). This shouldn't really be an event of note. I actually like my real job. It pays well, I have very little responsibility, and I'm able to multi-task enough to write as I work. Still, I would much rather be in a hammock on my deck writing on a laptop. Or ensconced in a back table of some bookstore, maybe. My writer's dream.

Looking at my weekend schedule, I doubt I'll get anything done for the next few days. This is actually a good thing. Sometimes, I need a break from my writing just like I need a break from everything else.

If I can finish the first half of chapter 16 today, I can go into the weekend with eighteen consecutive chapters done. This would be a good place to take a breath, I think.

No comments: