Friday, May 18, 2007

Daydreams

Sometimes, when you see me gazing off into space, I'm not actually plotting out my next section of epic prose. Sometimes, I am daydreaming. It's harmless, it's actually more entertaining than TV, and it's free.

My usual favorite daydream (lately) is to come home one day and find a notice from my Dream Agency that they wish to see a partial...or a full...or take me on altogether. Now, keep in mind that I haven't even sent out any queries yet (nor am I ready to, my work just isn't good enough yet). But still, there's a small bit of enjoyment in imagining that one shining moment of pure and sublime joy.

(please note, I steadfastly avoid trying to imagine the more likely scenario, the form letter rejection notice. It's my daydream, I can bask if I want to!)

No comments: