Thursday, May 1, 2008

No News is No News

I shamelessly stole this from the Absolute Write boards, but really, what else is there to say?

For some reason, I was absolutely convinced that I would have a rejection from Super Gonzo Dream Agent waiting for me in my mailbox today, but it wasn't there. I did, however, have junk mail, alleviating my worries that the neighbor kids are stealing my mail again. (please, Dream Agent, just e-mail me even if it's bad news. I don't trust the hellions across the street)

I elected to ignore Project 3 today, since it's currently a source of much frustration and angst. I did peruse project 4 again though (what little I have written, and my notes) and you know, it still sounds pretty good. It's more of an urban fantasy-ish thing, and I'm starting to wonder if I'm destined to write urban fantasy exclusively. My fantasy stuff always seems to stall (usually because it's not meeting some vague self-imposed high standards I've set).

Note, when I say "always" I mean really the two things I've seriously attempted (Projects 1 & 3). I'm fairly certain this isn't a large enough sample to accurately see a trend, but hey, why get picky?

No comments: