Thursday, November 1, 2007

Things we learn from our children

First and foremost on the list: I am TOO old to go trick-or-treating. I feel like we walked 20 blocks last night (I'm sure it was closer to 10) and of course Daddy wound up carrying Kiddo the last four or five.

Still, I am pleased to see that Halloween still holds all the magic for me that it ever did. I mean, on what other day of the year is it perfectly acceptable for sane adults to dress up and play make-believe, if even for only a few hours?

On the book front, I'm slowly plucking away. I thought I was done with the revisions on chapter 20, until I was hit with a tiny inspiration on the bus on the way home tonight. So, I'll be revisiting that chapter, and a couple of earlier ones to make tweaks before I move on to the last three.

I'm slowly assembling a batch of beta-readers. I'll be sending this out to my readers who have already read the first draft (Chie, Theo, Gita) as well as a brand spanking new crop who have what I call "virgin" eyes. They haven't read any of it, and should enter into it with no expectations.

I'm excited and scared to death all at once.

No comments: