Friday, November 2, 2007

The End is Near...Again!

I have reached that point in my revisions where I just want it done with. I'm sooooo close to the end, and I'm anxious to see what my new bunch of suckers...er, I mean beta-readers will make of it. (Kidding guys, I luv ya. You know I do)

I have one more chapter to revise, some tweaks to go back and add to earlier chapters, and six quotes to find. I am seriously going to try and push through this weekend and finish it up. I can send the document to Kinko's, over their online service (I think this is the coolest thing ever, by the way) and print out a couple copies for my local betas (and myself) and get set to do this all over again!

Word count, I believe, is going to come in right at 50K words. I have reached the point where I'm trying to decide what is "too short". I chose 80K for my goal, simply because many books in the urban fantasy genre (especially first-in-a-series-books) seem to start out in that range. It is possible that the book can be just as good in the 70K range, but thinking of going shorter than that is giving me the heebie jeebies. I guess I'll just have to see what comes.

No comments: