Friday, November 9, 2007

Thoughts and Mullings

As I let my betas' comments seep into my brain, I find that I am thinking of more ways to flesh out my world and make it a fuller, more interesting place. For example, I have quite a bit more room to explain many things about my antagonists that I never even touched on. I think I was so paranoid about info-dumping that I've neglected some basic explanation and examination that the reader will want/need.

This is encouraging to me! I think I would be more disheartened to realize that I had written something and had no where left to go with it. But a story that has room to evolve means that it has room to be better.

We can rebuild it! We have the technology!

I'm still not touching it at this point. I'm waiting to hear back from my betas that are using this weekend to get up a head of steam and blast right through it. But the feedback I have so far is taking my mind in wonderful new directions. I can't wait to see what everyone else comes up with!

No comments: