Monday, October 29, 2007

Weird dreams

I dreamed last night about being back in high school (or maybe college?) and misplacing my schedule, so I had no idea what classes I was supposed to be in at what times. It was the second week of school, and there was one class I hadn't even been to yet, because I couldn't find out when or where it was. I have no idea what this says about my subconcious, but suffice it to say that my sleep has not been settled.

I went through chapters 17 and 18 today, for a grand total of an additional 900 words added to the manuscript. I have five chapters remaining before I inflict this disaster upon my beta-readers (including the batch who have never seen/heard of this monstrosity before). I am hoping that virgin eyes will help give me a fresh perspective.

The word count, sadly, is still lacking. I'm at the point now where I'm trying to figure out just how short is too short. I know, it's early still, and the beta readers may open up an entirely new world for me as far as elaborating/expanding my story. Still, I fret and worry, because it's something I'm good at.

No comments: