Tuesday, October 23, 2007

I'll take that to go!

While I am diligent about updating my word count meter to the left, lately I’ve been slacking on making actual posts. Most of the time, it’s because I’m so tired when I get home from the Real Job ™ and the hubby and kiddo are demanding so much of my attention just then.

I have also discovered that, while I think of many things to babble about during the day, many times they have faded by the time I actually walk in my front door. So, to rectify that, I’m going to attempt to take notes for my daily blog posting during the day, and just cut and paste when I get home. It’s not cheating, it’s thinking ahead!

Today, as I am working on revisions to chapter 14, I am pondering the fact that I come from a fast generation. We have fast food, e-mail, instant messaging, and one-hour photo. We wait for no man (or woman)! But, since the Evil Powers That Be have blocked more websites from Chie’s work, I no longer have her instantaneous feedback on my writing during the day. That’s two years’ worth of habit to break! And Theo, while he gets to talk to me during the day more than anyone else, likewise has classes and a job, and other obligations that extend beyond the virtual realm.

So, I toil away here, and when I hit a stumbling block, I have to wait hours to get a fresh set of eyes to look at my obstacle. It is unreasonable to expect people to drop everything and do what I wanna do, but sometimes I feel like I’m out here alone and treading water, waiting for a passing ship to rescue me. I’ve been spoiled in the past, and now I am suffering the consequences.

I think chapter 14 is done, by the way, minus any small tweaking. Onward and upward.

No comments: