Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Today's Efforts

Short post at the moment... Worked on chapter 6 today. Added about 700 words to that one.

I realized, in talking to a couple friends (*waves to Chie and Theo*) that I talk about my writing an awful lot lately. I mean, annoyingly a lot. I think it's because, for the first time, I actually FINISHED something. Granted, it was only a first draft, but if someone wanted, they could sit down and read it from beginning to end and have a complete story. I'm excited! I'm invigorated! My dream is closer to being real than ever before! I have to...to...SIIIIIIING!

Sorry, Monty Python moment there.

I started this blog so that I wouldn't be annoying my friends/neighbors/co-workers/beta-readers with my random insanity. Maybe I should leave more of my babbling here, and learn to shut up in real life, from time to time.

4 comments:

Jeff Draper said...

Blogs help us perfect our babbling.

Elrena said...

Isn't that a wonderful feeling, though?!

I tagged you with a writing meme -- here's the link if you want to play: http://elrenaevans.blogspot.com/2007/10/writing-meme.html

VirtualWordsmith said...

When I first started working on my Freelance career, I was terribly excited. I talked about it to some of my friends and family, and after about five minutes, their eyes would glaze over.

Now, I only talk about it if I have something big to share. Of course, if the person I'm talking with is a writer, I share more, because they get it!

veinglory said...

It's always good to get to the end of something and enjoyed that little high.... Time for a new public service announced meant--say not to drugs, 'do' writing.