Sunday, January 6, 2008

BIC

No, for those not familiar, this is not a post about lighters or ink pens. BIC stands for Butt In Chair, and it's what I desperately need to do today.

I admit, yesterday was wasted. Well, not from a family point of view, but from a writing point of view. I flat out didn't feel like working on Project 2 (or any other project, for that matter) yesterday, so I did other things instead. There was a haircut for kiddo, a grocery store trip, and the watching of three rented movies in a row. Gratuitous laziness at its finest, and I enjoyed every moment of it.

However, that leaves me today to get some actual writing/editing done. I really want to get this round done in the next four days, so that I can spend my Thursday and Friday (that I have taken off from work) doing a deep read through and editing pass.

Part of me still wants to be depressed over the length of this one. Everyone says that "a story will be as long as it needs to be", which is true, but it doesn't mean it will be long enough to sell. And face it, that's my goal in the end.

No comments: