Friday, December 28, 2007

Almost...there...!

The end of the year is in sight, and the last of the official "holidays" is coming up shortly. So far, I have survived, and it looks like my continued survival is inevitable. Yay!

I've written some new scenes for Project 2, and my goal tomorrow is to sit down for three hours of uninterrupted editing. Kat has graciously provided me with this, a constant reminder that my self-imposed deadline is ticking down.

I have also written the first two chapters to Project 3, as well as doing quite a bit of research and brainstorming on plot and such.

And lo and behold...there is also a Project 4! I've been researching and brainstorming that lately too (damn you, protagonist, why won't you tell me your name?!). I'm actually torn on whether to pursue 3 or 4 next, after I'm done editing 2.

And then we have Project 1. Poor Project 1. It languishes there in abandoned novel limbo. I think the story still has merit. I think the characters need tweaking, and I think the writing was horrendous, especially the earlier-written pieces. It needs a rest, it needs a makeover. So if anyone asks, Project 1 has gone away to live on a farm somewhere with a nice family that loves it.

No comments: