Friday, December 14, 2007

This should not be this hard

Somehow, my brain was created defective. I can take a simple random comment from one person and turn it into an entire world/plot/character/drama in a matter of moments. But I simply cannot write a query letter. There is some switch in my brain that never got thrown (or installed) or something.

I have dabbled with this query for three months now, popping it open from time to time when I felt like being depressed. I know it's horrible. I can even tell you some of the reasons WHY it's horrible. But for the life of me, I can't seem to wrap my brain around how to fix it!

One thing I think I've settled on is voice. This book has a very unique voice, and it isn't even remotely relayed in the query. I may actually have to try and have my protagonist write this query, just to make sure his voice gets in there.

No comments: