Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Tastes Like Chicken!

Last night, there was a mishap involving frying chicken, extremly hot oil, and an unfortunate splash. Now, I have a rather interesting burn pattern on the inside of my right wrist/forearm. Honestly, I think it looks a bit like the Hawaiian islands. Luckily, it didn't actually blister, and I had Dr. Gita within driving distance to do the patch job.

Let this be a lesson to you, kiddies, fried food isn't good for you.

This wouldn't be such a pain (y'know, aside from the actual PAIN) except the burn is right where the wrist-rest on my mousepad hits, and it makes working on the computer a bit....tricky.

In good news, I think...THINK...I have the Quarterly Project from Hell done. My boss gave my bandaged wrist a rather odd look this morning, pretty sure she thinks I tried to off myself over it.

Hopefully, I can get back into the writing swing. Goal is 50K words by the end of NEXT week. (no, not this week, are you smoking crack?)

1 comment:

BeshterBooks said...

I'd like to see the explanation to Dr. Gita about suicide by fried chicken.