Monday, March 23, 2009

The Dreaded Photo Shoot

Ok, so one of the necessities of being an author is having an author photo. And since the most recent picture of me is about two years old, I found myself in need of new ones. And oh, did I mention how much I loathe having my picture taken? There is something about a camera that automatically turns me into some kind of mutant with lumps and bumps where I'm pretty sure there weren't any before.

But, I bit the bullet, braved the storm, etc. etc. And here's what we came up with that wasn't totally hideous. I'd love to hear everyone's opinion on them. (Unless your opinion is "Oh my god, what is that THING!" in which case you can keep it to yourself)

And I am aware that not all of these would work for a traditional author photo, but they were too cool to pass up. Apparently, vanity's name is...me!

1:


2:


3:


4:


5: (and my personal favorite)


6:

25 comments:

cindy said...

i vote 4 as my favorite. then 3!

yay author fotos!!!

Lori said...

3 or 5!

sue laybourn said...

I reckon 2 or 5 for me.

coolness.

Courtney Allison Moulton said...

I like #3. Less white space, more on your face.

They are all great!!

Courtney

JenWriter said...

I love number 5. I think it would be a great cover copy photo. And then you could use number 3 as well if you needed a more traditional author photo for something.

Yay, great pics!

Rose Pressey said...

I like 2 and 3. Red looks good on you.

Anonymous said...

I like the second one. I like the contrast of the white chair and your black clothes, and your face looks good in that one.

Dorothy Winsor

Anonymous said...

#3. Flattering and professional. All the pics are cool, but the red is more approachable. $0.02, subjective, no doubt other writers will feel differently, etc.

(Second pick is #2.)

--Ganymede

Anonymous said...

Hi Tas! My favourite was #4, followed by #3. Definitely.

Wowee zowee! I'm so happy for you.

Anonymous said...

I vote 2.

Gretchen said...

3. You look fantastic in that color!

Michelle Muto said...

#3, definitely the red one.

Gary Corby said...

#3. By a weird coincidence, I was doing exactly the same thing yesterday. I rather enjoyed doing the photos!

Ella said...

I like two and five.

Auggy said...

Number 4, or number 6.

Wife votes 3.

Anonymous said...

I prefer 3, but the hubby prefers 1 or 6. We are a fickle bunch.

Karen Duvall said...

I vote for 2 or 3, but 3 is my fave. Red is definitely your color!

Gypsy Thornton said...

Which one do you feel is most 'you' as you WANT to be seen?

Personally I like pics that hint at a little something going on behind the scenes, rather than just a pretty picture.

2 is intriguing and interestingly expressive while you look most at ease in 5 and 6.

Author photos make it THAT much closer to being 'real' - how exciting! Good luck with your book and with choosing. :)

Unknown said...

I like 2 or 4.

BeshterBooks said...

My vote, 3, 5, and 6. I think 3 is most professional, 6 is after that, and 5 just because it reminds me so much of Tasmin, thus a younger, dorkier time.

OK, younger at least.

And I don't see what you've to complain about, hon, you are beautiful.

Tez Miller said...

I vote for #4 :-)

Julianne Douglas said...

I vote for #2. Great pics!

Anonymous said...

My vote goes for 5 because it shows the most personality. Second choice is 3. It's more professional and a flattering color. Very nice!

Anonymous said...

My vote is for #5. You look so purdy!!!

Anonymous said...

Ooooo whoops I meant my vote was for #3!! Although all are beautiful of course.