Monday, August 20, 2007

Today's Efforts

I finished off chapter 14, and found it woefully short. Now, keep in mind that they're ALL shorter than I intend them to be, at this point, but this one is shorter than the others, and therefore has more cosmetic surgery to be done in the revision. Chie, dear wonderful Chie, already spotted the perfect way to expand this one, though, and it should go smooth as silk.

I also knocked out a huge chunk of chapter 15, but I'm honestly not sure I'm happy with it. It seemed to write itself, as this project largely has, but I don't know that I like the things that occur. Realistic? Yes. Probably truthful to the story? Yes. Revealing more about the character? Yes. But....I 'unno. I'm not pleased. I may sleep on it tonight, and revisit it with fresh eyes in the morning.

I also finally got Kim Harrison's Dead Witch Walking from the library. Yes, as much as I love urban fantasy, it's shameful that I haven't gotten into this series yet. (I chalk it up to the library filing it under mystery, where I never thought to look for it. WTF is up with that?) I'll keep you posted on how I like it.

No comments: