Monday, April 5, 2010

Get Back On The Horse

For those who have not heard yet, my mother lost her year-long battle with cancer last week. We were fortunate to have her for ten months after her diagnosis, which is a good stretch longer than a lot of folk with the same cancer. All of you who have been with me for the past few weeks, both for comfort and to kick my ass when I needed it, thank you.

My mother was a strong woman. Like, scare the bejeezus out of professional wrestlers kinda strong, and she was only 5'2". I like to think that I get that from her, and I hope I can pass the same thing on to my daughter. And I know the one thing she (my mother) would want, is for me to get my ass back in gear and continue with the stuff that needs doing.

To that end, I have a really cool announcement. Last Friday, I found a package on my front porch, and inside that package were my ARCs! (cue squeeing) (ok, enough squeeing)

I am preparing to give away one, count 'em, ONE ARC this coming week. On Wednesday, I will put up a contest announcement with all the details. So stay tuned folk!

And in other news, I finished the climax scene for book 2 today, and it ROCKED. I always know a scene is good when I'm out of breath at the end, just like my character should be. I have one more chapter to finish, all denouement, and then this first draft will be done. I'll do another quick pass through it, to fix the things I've noticed in the meantime, and then I'll have it out to my beta slaves. (you know who you are, clear your calendars)

2 comments:

BeshterBooks said...

Not that I'm a beta slave, but I'm around, you know where I'm at, inundate my email if you so choose.

You know my sentiments on things of late, hugs and lots of thoughts. Your mom was a strong woman, and I admire that trait in you as well. I will always appreciate the night she let a bunch of your goofy friends from college over to get drunk at your house. Though fav mom story had to be how she was annoyed about missing Monday Night football due to your impending arrival.

I can respect that in a woman.

Glad you are getting back on the horse, I shall prod you occasionally on Twitter.

Courtney Allison Moulton said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. Praying for you and your family! <3