Saturday, July 11, 2009

Argh

Ok, yes, I failed to make any coherent blog posts last week. I actually failed to make any posts at all. My bad.

The first reason is because of course I was obsessing about Torchwood. And since the American side of the pond (those who didn't want to watch it on Youtube or other sources ahead of the July 20th release date) haven't seen it yet, I think I'll hold off on my opinions there. That particular rant may actually grow into some kind of blog post about what goes into constructing a series (be it TV, movie, or book), 'cause I do have some thoughts in that area. Yes I know, frightening.

The second reason, and the reason I won't be posting much for the next few days, is that my computer got nailed with a huge virus/trojan attack last night. I managed to clear all but one thing off, and then the little bugger disabled all my anti-virus stuff. So, my baby is with the professionals for the next three or four days, and I'm posting from hubby's comp. Bless hubby. He's a good man.

Tomorrow, or maybe later tonight, I plan on doing a post about two books I've read recently that surprised me.

As for writing, I'm slowly plugging away at Son of DD. I'm not getting near the word counts I'd like to, but anything greater than zero is good right now. Still waiting on revision notes on DD.

Also spent the 4th holiday fielding quetions about publishing from people who don't know a lot about it. Now, I do realize that everyone has to start somewhere, but some of the questions frustrated me. Especially when, as I'm trying to give informative and factual answers, I can see the people's eyes glaze over. If I really believed they were interested in putting in the hard work it takes to write and get published, I wouldn't be so cranky. But they're looking for the instant-bestseller, multi-million dollar overnight kinda thing. Which just isn't real. Mostly, I warned them away from PA and that was about all I could do.

I really need to get back on this blogging train. I mean, Facebook and Twitter are fun for random little comments, but I really should try to contribute something more in-depth to society. Or something.

No comments: