Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Today's Efforts

I finished chapter 16, but we're going to call it a "grudging" finish. I don't like it, I really don't, and yet I'm not sure how to fix it. BUT! (there's always a but. Not to be confused with a butt) But, this is...say it with me kiddies...Just a first draft!

There! I said it! Deep breath. Someday, I'll even believe it.

I know I need to force myself to do this. I can't get hung up on the nitpicky details, I MUST get the story down first, then I can tinker to my heart's content. It's all will power over neurosis at this point.

So, I've moved on to Chapter 17 (about 200 words in, it was a rough day at the Real Job(tm) ), and chapter 16 will be shoved to the back of my mind to let my subconcious brew up something brilliant.

I hope.

No comments: