Friday, June 20, 2008

Huzzah the weekend

I actually had a pretty good week. I got some work done on Project 3 (didn't make 40K but I didn't really expect to. Next week, though...next week!). I sent out more queries. Got a couple rejections back, which are really just serving to confirm that I DO exist (thanks to all of you who still believe in me, much like Santa and the Tooth Fairy. They say hi, by the way)

And in my neurotic ravings about whether or not agents actually received the pages I sent them, one very thoughtful, very sweet agent took the time to e-mail me and let me know that she did have it, and she didn't want me to worry. Now, this woman didn't have to do this. I didn't e-mail her for a status check. She just happened to see a post of mine over at AW and wanted to set my mind at ease.

THIS is what not only makes this person an awesome agent, but also makes her a nice person. Try to do something similar for someone this weekend. Random acts of kindness should always be encouraged.

Kiddo is going to her grandparents' this weekend. She's had an interesting week. She went to the zoo for the first time. Apparently, the highlight of the day was "the llama pooped!" Hey, she's five. I guess these things are fascinating at that age.

I think I'm going to curl up with some books from the library. I'm currently reading Breath and Bone, by Carol Berg, and I have The Nymphos of Rocky Flats, by Mario Acevedo on deck.

2 comments:

Writer, Rejected said...

I love that: You are rejected therefore you exist. Amen, sister. We all feel it sometimes. Good luck with the forward motion.

BeshterBooks said...

You may be neurotic, but we still love you!