Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Library

Since I'm not spending my free time writing, I polled all my friends and have come up with a list of authors that I'm trying on for size.

Currently, I am reading Ysabel by Guy Gavriel Kay. Oria recommended the author, though she hasn't read this particular book yet.

And on hold at the library, I have two books by Paula Volsky, Illusion and The White Tribunal, and one from David Farland, Runelords: The Sum of All Men. All of these were recommendations from Kat. As I understand it, these are mostly older books, but that just means that my local library might actually HAVE them. (all the newer stuff gets tied up in holds for months when they first come out.)

Also on recommendation from Kat, I have a hold on Anne Bishop's Pillars of the World. But it's checked out right now.

And to round out my hold list, I have Laurell K Hamilton's The Harlequin. Yeah yeah, I know. Drivel since Obsidian Butterfly. I can't bring myself to spend money on them anymore, but I heard Edward was in this one, so I have to read it.

I always seem to have a rush of creativity, after reading a good book. (and some of the other things I've read thus far have NOT been good.) So, hopefully, this marathon of literacy will kick me into high gear.

No comments: