Friday, September 14, 2007

Seminars and Get-Togethers

I spent all day in a customer service training seminar. I'm sure this isn't unusual for many of you, but considering that I don't actually TALK to customers (I don't even talk to my co-workers if I can help it), it seemed a bit superfluous.

This is why I didn't get any writing done today. (Waaaay better than the "dog ate my jump drive" excuse) Which, by the way, brings me to the one highlight of my intensive-training day. I won a 256mb jump drive! I have no idea what I'm going to do with it, but...I have one!

This weekend, dear sweet patient adorable Gita is coming into town again, as she passes through headed for Chicago on Sunday. We're having breakfast with the Crayon (another friend, and future beta reader, little does she know) on Sunday, and catching up on old times. Gita and I may also go to an art fair tomorrow, as it turns out one of my co-workers from the Real Job (tm) is an accomplished artist and is one of those showcased.

This is why I won't get any writing done this weekend. (still better than the "dog ate my jump drive" excuse)

No comments: