Monday, September 24, 2007

One More to Go

I wrote the entirety of chapter 22 today. It's the longest of the first draft chapters to date, coming in just over 2300 words. I'm afraid I got very little Real Job (tm) work done today. I'd be lying if I said I was sorry.

The climax of the story was in this chapter, and as such I feel like I've been on an adrenaline rush the entire day. So much happening all at once.

I have one more chapter to write, tomorrow hopefully. It'll be the resolution to many things, a chance to let the reader (and me) rest and catch their breath.

Next week, I have the dreaded Quarterly Project at work. I'm going to plan on NOT writing all that week. It's just not worth the stress, trying to juggle anything else with that quarterly nonsense. And, since I should be done with the first draft, taking a week's break before starting Mission: Revision is warranted.

I feel very satisfied with myself today. It's been a long time since I could honestly say I finished something. One more chapter to go

1 comment:

Bill Fullerton said...

"The climax of the story was in this chapter, and as such I feel like I've been on an adrenaline rush the entire day."

The flip side of that is the downer feeling after killing off a favorite character. No fun.

Congratulations on finishing the first draft.

Bill