Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Forgive me for I have sinned

I highly doubt this sin will ever make the Big Seven, but still.

I started my Nano project today. I know, I know...I could have just waited until Saturday, but I didn't. Of course, I'm not counting any words written before Saturday toward my Nano total, so I guess I'll have to keep two running totals.

On the upside, I wrote the entire first chapter today, for a personal daily best of 3,735 words. Theoretically, if I could continue the write a full chapter a day, I would get this done in 17 days. Not likely, but it's a pretty dream. Still, I'm going to go through with my Nano intentions of writing as much in a day as possible, and even working weekends when I'm not running amok like a headless chicken. Maybe I can finish a whole novel in a month? That would be amazing if I could. (and would also alleviate one of my deep secret fears that I simply write too slow to compete in a professional market)

The holiday looms large, and the rest of the week is going to be largely devoted to costumes, candy and cake. Not necessarily in that order.

Happy Halloween, everyone!

2 comments:

BeshterBooks said...

I'm sure you are going to hell for that...LOL

Lori said...

As someone who is dutifully waiting no matter how much she wants to start.. shame on you. SHAME.

<3