Thursday, March 5, 2009

Signs of the Apocalypse

Ok, these may not be on the OFFICIAL apocalyptic signs list, but I'm pretty sure they're at least in the footnotes.

In the last two days I:
Joined Twitter
Drank a latte (yes, it was a Hot Irishman latte, but the fact remains that it was a coffee drink of some variety, and that counts!)

Anyone who knows me knows that I hate coffee. Hate it hate it hate it. The very smell almost always gives me an instant migraine. (the Folgers plant downtown makes the whole area toxic to me sometimes) But I keep thinking that a million Seattle residents can't be wrong, and there has to be something to this coffee thing.

Now, having had my first latte (heavily laced with Irish cream and hazelnut), I can safely say that...well, they're not ENTIRELY wrong, but... Maybe I need to try a mocha sometime. Something to drown out the coffee flavor more. (or maybe just drink a hot chocolate, which is cheaper and probably tastier anyway)

I admit, nothing much is going on with my writing. Still fiddling with Son of Project 2 off and on. I'm about 1/3 of the way into the second chapter, and I think I've already spotted a few mistakes, thematically, that I need to correct sooner rather than later. I'm trying very hard to keep in mind the lessons of writing Project 2 in the first place, so I don't repeat the same mistakes. (no doubt, I will find a whole FLOCK of new mistakes to make with this one)

Project 3 is still out with a few betas. So far I'm getting a universal squee, so it seems to be well-received. When I can get my one hard copy back (ie: when my hubby quits loaning it out to people to read) I'll start writing out my revisions there. Then I'll at least feel like I'm doing something productive.

Other than that, I seem to be in a permanent state of holding. Luckily, spring is coming and I can hopefully get my butt in gear and get OUT of the house some in the nicer weather.

2 comments:

BeshterBooks said...

You and me on the coffee....blech. I've found one coffee I will drink, an almond latte. Don't know why, but it doesn't make me gag when it hits my tongue. I did try cappucino while in Rome, (you know, when in Rome and all that). It wasn't bad. But they made it special for me, with extra, extra milk, and lots of sugar. I was on a high for the rest of the day, but it got the job done.

Ack...no coffee, thank you. *hugs Twinnings tea tin close to her heart*

Auggy said...

*sits with the lake of java goodness at his elbow*

One of us...one of us...