Saturday, March 28, 2009

The Adventures of Auggy the Webmaster

As promised (threatened) I feel the need to post this conversation I just had with the Intrepid Auggy, who is not only one of my oldest friends and beta-readers, but is now the webmaster of my in-construction website (coming soon!)

And sadly...he has requested a theme song. I'll wait while you listen. *whistles, files nails*

Ok...so the conversation went like this:

Auggy: Ok..hm. This kinda odd.
Kari: What is?
Auggy: Eh, nothing heavy - I'm looking at the sidebar thingy. It's behaving in erratic and annoying manner.
Kari: Kick its @ss!
Auggy: Okay....now it's pissing me off. And going to work pissed is bad for the soul. I think I'm going to leave it alone and have some coffee.
Kari: That sounds prudent.
Auggy: Not going well because I didn't sing to it properly.
Kari: The coffee? You sing to your coffee?
Auggy: Not the coffee, whaddya crazy?! I sing to the website.
Auggy: Like that's somehow less crazy.

It should be noted that I do not advocate poking your pet code monkey with a stick, because they will inevitably get even. But...do as I say, not as I do.

1 comment:

Auggy said...

You just think it's funny because, y'know. You've never seen it work. And work well. Nonbeliever.