Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The Plague! (we haz it)

So, kiddo has strep throat, and I have a severe sinus infection. Auggy has voted to quarantine Missouri. (I think it's a bit late for that)

I did manage to get my NaNo quota in for the day before I bugged out of work for the doctor's appointment. I got nothing accomplished yesterday, however (well, ok, 300-ish words, but that's almost like nothing) so my lead has dwindled drastically. I'm still on track, but I've lost my cushion, so this weekend I'll have to really keep my butt in chair.

Last weekend, I got to see the HBO series True Blood for the first time. I didn't realize they were based off of novels until I watched the credits, so of course I went in search. And I realized, once I found said novels, why I'd never read them. The original covers looked stooooopid. Take note, marketing people! Covers matter! Kat agrees with me, and said she never picked them up for the same reason. I'm now waiting to get the first one from the library, so we'll see if I like them. Shame on me for judging a book by its cover! Shame I say!

I think I'm going to take a short nap before I have to pick kiddo up from daycare. ('cause honestly, I feel like I've been kicked in the face with a golf cleat) Hopefully, the drugs will alleviate this killer headache by tomorrow morning. Let's hear it for better living through chemistry!

Oh, and one more thing, shamelessly stolen from Jen. (not to be confused with Jenn. Keep up, people!) I think this is also for Auggy.

1 comment:

BeshterBooks said...

Cause I'm Jenn with 2 n's, because it looks all even that way.

*grin*

sorry everyone is sick. I agree with Auggy, quarantine Missouri! Keep all the crazies there.

No comments from the peanut gallery about one crazy already escaping to California. As far as I'm concerned, that makes me sane.