Friday, July 18, 2008

I feel a nap coming on

Short post for Friday, 'cause...well, the subject says it all.

For two days in a row, I got 1200 words down on Project 3. This resulted in a finished chapter 15, and a HUGE chunk done on chapter 16. It'll be interesting to see if I can get to 50K by next Friday, but hey, anything is possible.

Came home to a full manuscript request (the first 3 chapters went in the initial query) from a source I wasn't expecting. I mean, I DID query them, so I was expecting SOMEthing, but I didn't know they'd ask for it. You know what I meant. Sheesh.

Hoping to see Mel this weekend, as we christen Gita's new house. Other than that, I intend to be lazy.

Also, as an example of how my brain works (or doesn't work, as the case may be)... In the space of about twenty minutes last night, I managed to come up with an idea for a world/magic system/character class based solely off half of a word glimpsed on a sign in the background of a television commercial. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

No comments: