Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Tis the Season

Argh, I am seriously learning to loathe Christmas. If it wasn't for the kiddo, I'd probably boycott the entire mess.

Don't get me wrong, the holiday itself is a great thing, even if you're not necessarily Christian. It's full of hope, giving, generosity, and goodwill toward man. (I should have left the typo, which was "foodwill" toward man. I don't think it was entirely incorrect) And stuff. But it's the commercial side of things that really get me down. I'm tired of shopping for people, I'm tired of trying to plan the perfect schedule to run between everyone's houses (and my current one involves travelling faster than the speed of light, so it's going to have to be revised)

On the writing front, I am 13 chapters through my latest editing pass. I've written the first of at least four new big sections, and made some nice polishing-type decisions on other sections.

I re-read the chapter I wrote for the new project, today, and I find that I still really like it. I think that bodes well.

Several people that I "know" on the Absolute Write boards have been offered representation by agents and/or book deals in recent weeks. It's so strange, being this happy and this jealous all at once. But I really hope this is a herald of many good things for all the people there, myself included. I mean, if I can't make a book sale, at least someone I know should.

No comments: