Saturday, August 18, 2007

Deep Thoughts, by...

Well, I'm no Jack Handy. Maybe I'm just having an introspective morning.

I sit here, and I'm tired of being ordinary. I'm tired of "ok, just keep at it, and in the future, all this great stuff MIGHT happen!" I want my great stuff now, dammit!

I'm envious of those I read about on Absolute Write, who now have book releases...or book sales...or new agents...or query rejections. Heck, I'd love to have a query rejection. At least then I'd know I was out there, I was DOING it instead of just talking about it.

I'm no where near that stage yet. Earlier this year, with Project #1, I thought I was close. But realistically, I know now that I wasn't. The rewrite was a good thing, even if it pushed my personal deadline back. Putting out crap is worse than putting out nothing, in my mind.

And now of course, I have project #2 which is flying by quite nicely. First draft of that might be done by Christmas, if I don't hit a snag. Maybe have revisions done by March? Start sending out queries? Either way, it's not NOW. I want something wonderful to happen NOW.

Have I mentioned that patience is not my strong suit?

No comments: